Sunday, April 27, 2008

Knitty Goodness!

I've finally finished a little knit top I've been working on, with yarn I picked up on this little excursion. I designed this one myself, my first time knitting a garment completely and totally without a pattern. I never use patterns for crochet, but since I'm fairly new to knitting, I usually at least look to patterns for suggestions (although I never follow them to the letter... I can't! Just not in me!) But this one was totally from scratch, and I'm pretty happy with it! So happy, in fact, that I'm going to keep it for me... not gonna sell this one! Seems appropriate to keep it, anyway, since it was made to my measurements :) Anyway... Here it is...

the photo is a little bit oddly angled, as it was taken by a seven-year-old, but it gives a general idea of what it looks like! The top is a k1, p1 rib for stretch and fit, and the bottom part is straight stockinette. There is a single-crochet edge on the whole thing, for a more "finished" look. The yarn is a silk and cotton blend in a lovely sage green, which feels so nice next to the skin. I'm going to have to get some more of this yarn in another color... it was dreamy to work with and it's even dreamier to wear! Next project is finishing a blue cotton sweater that I've started and stopped many times. I've just not been happy with how it's taking shape, so I keep setting it aside and then going back to try and fix it. I really want to get it finished... it's become a challenge that I must conquer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you run the fine invisible elastic with your cotton yarn, you will get a great shape and flattering fit!
Great top you whipped up!