Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Handmade Gifts are the BEST gifts!

So... the holiday season is stealthily creeping up on us! Time to start thinking about the gifts which we'll all be giving to our loved ones! This season, let us remember the true spirit of giving... it's not about running to the mall last minute to grab whatever you can find to put under the tree... it's about giving gifts from the heart, which you know the recipient will truly love and enjoy. I am definitely a "handmade gifts" sort of person, and virtually all the gifts I give are either made with LOVE by me, or are purchased gifts made by another artist or craftsperson. I do lots of shopping on Etsy, at local art and craft shows and at boutiques which carry things made by local artists. I love supporting other artists, and I love knowing that the special gift I am giving was made with loving care by someone's own two hands.

I recently discovered this website... check it out:

http://www.buyhandmade.org


So... This year, will YOU pledge to give Handmade?


No comments: