Saturday, November 3, 2007

Stitchin' news...

I've FINALLY learned to knit! I tried before, last year, but I gave up. then my sister and I took a knitting class together, and this time I've gotten the hang of it! As a lifelong crocheter, I found it hard to adapt to knitting at first, but now I'm really getting into it! I've been knitting like a fiend (in between crocheting and painting and cutting and gluing!) Perhaps one of these days Renegade Stitches will feature some kind of lovely knitted something...


And speaking of Renegade Stitches... This week I listed a NEW item! It's a hooded scarf, made from a beautifully textured handspun hand-dyed Peruvian wool. The color is hard to make out in the photos, but it is a gorgeous purplish brownish burgundy sort of color, with the subtle color variations throughout that are characteristic of hand-dyed yarn. The design is simple and I left it without any kind of fancy edging, to further show off the glorious texture of this yarn.

No comments: