Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"Time Does Not Change Us" and other ramblings...


A new collage... "Time does not change us, It just unfolds us..." 5x7 mixed media collage on canvas board.
Later I will be posting a photo of my latest, on which the last of the glue is currently drying! I've been on a little bit of a creative bender lately. It seems that whenever my "regular life" gets crazy and I feel out of control and stressed, one of two things happens... either I make NOTHING, because I get so wrapped up in whatever crazy is going on, or I bury myself in paint and paper and Mod Podge, in an effort to escape my troubles. Neither is particularly healthy, I'm sure (especially when I'm making stuff when I should be doing things like laundry, paying bills, etc!) but at least with the "creative bender" mode of coping, I end up with concrete "stuff" in front of me in the end, which makes me feel like I'm doing something productive. Plus, the creative process is just soothing to me. I'm happiest when my fingers are covered in paint and glue, or when I'm curled up next to my kids with a big ball of yarn and a nice cup of tea.
And speaking of yarn... I've got several projects going at the moment, both knitting and crocheting! I've listed a new scarflette on Etsy a few days ago, and I've got a few more things which I hope will be finished and listed later this week. I'm also attempting to get some Holiday Gifts finished! The clock is ticking, on that one :)

No comments: